Our Scout Troop
Age Range: 10.5 – 14
Meeting Times: Friday, 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Meeting Place: The Scout Hut, Riding Lane
For Girls & Boys
Scouts aims to build and develop young people’s confidence, sense of adventure and outdoor skills, as well as encouraging them to explore their beliefs and attitudes and be creative.
Scouts are encouraged to work together and take the lead on all sorts of projects, from community based work to planning games and activities for their meetings.
The Scout Troop is the third section in the Scout Group, above Beavers and Cubs. The Scout Section is for young people aged between 10½ and 14 years. A Scout Troop is divided into small groups called Patrols, each headed up by an older Scout called a Patrol Leader, and often with an Assistant Patrol Leader.
Scouts are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities as part of their programme including traditional Scouting skills, such as camping, survival and cooking, as well as a wider spectrum of adventurous activities, from abseiling to rally driving. Participation, and personal achievement, rather than meeting set standards is the key approach, and there are a number of Challenges awards and activity badges that Scouts can gain during their time in the section to recognise their achievements. We work towards the young people achieving their Chief Scouts Gold award by the time they reach 14.5yrs.
The Leadership Team
We have a dedicated team of adult leaders who give up their time every Friday evening to run Scouts:
- Scout Leader – Vicky Gardner
- Assistant Scout Leader – Colin Cope
- Assistant Scout Leader – Adam Wingfield
- Assistant Scout Leader – Russel Tarr
- Assistant Scout Leader – Martin Tracey
- Assistant Scout Leader – Mark Jay-Burton
- Scout Section Assistant – Pete Castle
- Scout Section Assistant – Ben Gardner
- Scout Section Assistant – Nigel Collier
- Young Leader & Group Youth Commissioner – Josh Barkaway
For more information about the Hildenborough Scouts please contact: email@example.com